Friday, December 14, 2012

The most wonderful time of the year!


With a lot going on in the art room and in the Perry Art Department in general, it is sometimes difficult to keep up with the blog with everything else that is going on!  Next week is our last week of school for 2012 and then we are on to Christmas Break!  The picture above is of our mural mosaic project in progress.  We are still cutting tiles out of clay and the ones that have been fired are now being painted.  We can't wait to see how it all comes together next spring!  Stay tuned...

4 comments:

  1. Hi Robyn,
    I was inspired by your silhouettes from a previous blog and created them with my el. kiddos. Here are some pics if you are curious.
    http://facaartroom.blogspot.com/p/6th-grade-art.html
    They are splendid and have transformed out gymnasium. Wasn't able to figure out how to write from your other blog. Anyway, Thank you for the inspiration and sharing the great work you are doing with some lucky young artists. Be well.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      I'm not to to middle school but am new to teaching middle school art. Would you be able to help me with more of a step by step process on how to teach the silhouettes, they came out great!

      Thanks!

      Jessica

      Delete
    2. Hi,

      I'm not to to middle school but am new to teaching middle school art. Would you be able to help me with more of a step by step process on how to teach the silhouettes, they came out great!

      Thanks!

      Jessica

      Delete
  2. Hi,

    I too saw the silhouettes from the previous blog and loved them. I've taught middle school for many years but this is my first year teaching art. I was wondering if I could get some more step by step instructions on how to do the silhouettes.

    Thanks so much!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete